Taken from the http://www.westchester.com website:
Westchester County Prescription Drug Take Back Day
White Plains, NY – Westchester County will once again be participating in a nationwide effort on Saturday, Oct. 29 to get people to dispose of old, unused medicines properly.
There are 12 county locations hosting events associated with Prescription Drug Take Back Day, sponsored by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration in conjunction with state and local law enforcement, and community coalitions throughout the country. All events will run 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Westchester events are sponsored by the county’s Office of Drug Prevention and STOP DWI and the Westchester County Department of Environmental Facilities, along with local coalitions, police departments and governments, as well as the Westchester Coalition for Drug and Alcohol Free Youth.
“Prescription drugs are now the second most abused category of drugs in the United States, and we know that some teens are getting these drugs from medicine cabinets of friends and family,” County Executive Robert P. Astorino said. “I urge everyone to clean out their medicine cabinets of unused prescriptions and dispose of them properly at one of these events.”
When bringing unused medications – whether prescription or over the counter – keep them in their original bottle or container. Hypodermic needles will not be accepted; instead, place them in puncture-proof containers and throw in the trash.
The Westchester locations are the following:
– Ardsley: Rite Aid Pharmacy (outside), 871 Saw Mill River Road.
– Croton-on-Hudson: Croton Commons Parking Lot, 171 – 187 South Riverside Ave.
– Eastchester/Tuckahoe: Tuckahoe Community Center, 71 Columbus Ave.
– Larchmont/Mamaroneck: Town of Mamaroneck Police Department, 740 Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck.
– Mt. Kisco: Mt Kisco Police Station, Moger Ave. & Green St.
– Ossining: Ossining Village Court Lobby, 86 Spring St.
– Pelham: Village of Pelham Police, 34 5th Ave.
– Pelham Manor: Village of Pelham Manor Police, 4 Penfield Place.
– White Plains (two locations): Saxon Woods Pool Parking Lot, 1800 Mamaroneck Ave. & White Plains Police Department, 77 S. Lexington Ave.
– Yorktown (two locations): Yorktown Police Department, 2281 Crompond Road & FDR State Park, Parking Lot 3, 2957 Crompond Road.
For directions or more information, call the county’s Recycling Help Line at 813-5425 or log onto:http://environment.westchestergov.com/medications